I’m hardcore into the Danish concept of Hygge. Anything that promotes happiness and comfort is A-OK by me, and that is exactly what Hygge is. The Little Book of Hygge contains the Hygge Manifesto – 10 top tips for a happy and cosy life – and is especially perfect for Autumn and Winter:
1. AMBIENCE. Turn down the lights
2. PRESENCE. Be here now. Turn off the phones.
3. PLEASURE. Coffee, chocolate, cookies, cakes, candy. Gimme!
4. EQUALITY. ‘We’ over ‘Me’. Share the tasks and the airtime.
5. GRATITUDE. Take it in. This might be as good as it gets.
6. HARMONY. It’s not a competition. We already like you. There is no need to brag about your achievements.
7. COMFORT. Get comfy. Take a break. It’s all about relaxation.
8. TRUCE. No drama. Let’s discuss politics another day.
9. TOGETHERNESS. Build relationships and narratives. “Do you remember the time we..?”
10. SHELTER. This is your tribe. This is a place of peace and security.