Thanks so much to Elle at Elle Goes Global for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Awards! I love these things, not only because it’s a ready made template for my next post, but it’s a great way to meet and find out more about fellow bloggers!
The premise is pretty simple – nominate fellow bloggers and ask them 11 questions about themselves and their blog! It’s a great way to raise awareness of some of the lesser known but FABULOUS blogs out there, and to find out a little more about the people behind them!
If I could nominate Elle right back I would as I think her blog is great – I love that like KATIE SCARLETT it is a real mix of different topics, the photos are gorgeous and I especially love the travel posts and tips! You can see Elle’s already completed nomination here, and here are my answers!
1. What attracted you to blogging?
Blogging basically encompasses all of my favourite hobbies – writing, photography, fashion, travel – and I love having a little creative outlet that is all my own. There’s something really lovely about having your own little corner of the internet to go to to express yourself.
2. If you could be one type of animal for a day what would you be and why?
My favourite animals have allllways been ring tailed lemurs – I have no idea why but I just love them! In terms of which animal I’m most like it would have to be a cat – sleeping for 16 hours a day sounds good to me! Or I’d also love to be able to fly, so maybe a bird. Can I be a combination of all three?
3. How would you sum yourself up in three words?
Not easily embarrassed. Honestly, I’ll do anything once, am such an open book I think everyone knows everything about me and I think it’s so important to not take yourself too seriously!
4. If you could live in another country which one and why?
ITALY. Always! It’s my absolute favourite place to visit, I love the language, and THE FOOD. Yum.
5. What are your essential travel packing items?
A camera is a must, phone charger (because my phone is like an extra limb, I’m lost without it!) and suncream! Being a redhead I BURN.
6. If you could pick five people dead or alive to invite to a dinner party who would you choose and why?
David Attenborough because he’s my favourite human EVER. The Queen because I think she’s a total babe and I would love to meet her – I bet she has some great stories, advice and life lessons to share. Barack Obama for the same reasons. RuPaul HAS TO BE THERE, I am completely obsessed with him and want to be in his gang. And Ed Sheeran as a fellow ginger and for an after dinner sing song! Can we make this dinner party happen actually, I’m excited!
7. What has been the best lesson you’ve learnt since you started blogging?
I think there is a lot of advice out there telling you you have to stick to one thing to succeed. Your instagram needs to have a theme and to look uniform, your blog needs to be about one topic that you consider yourself to be an expert on, but I don’t think that could be any further from the truth. I don’t want to limit myself before I’ve even started so if I like a picture, I’ll post it, and if I like a topic, I’ll write about it! Create your own rules, no one can tell your what’s right or wrong on your own blog!
8. Which TV, film or book character would you say is most like your personality and why?
I always say that I am the Little Mermaid, and I reckon personality-wise that’s pretty accurate too! Substitute dinglehoppers for clothes and we’ve got pretty much the same hoarding problem. And I never feel more at home than when I’m by the sea.
9. What piece of advice would you give to someone who has just started blogging?
BE YOURSELF. Definitely look to other bloggers/influencers/anyone really for inspiration but your blog really does have to be YOU. There is no one else like you so what better way to stand out than being yourself! And I think if you try to create a character/personality that isn’t really you it would be impossible to maintain in the long run.
10. If you could travel back in history or forward into the future which would you prefer and why?
Ooh I reckon the future. Especially with the speed at which technology is moving at the moment I’d love to see what’s next and what is possible!
11. What motivates and inspires you most?
I think it’s so easy to look at other bloggers and influencers and compare yourself to them, wonder what you need to do to get that many followers/have the same look/get the same clothes. I have previously fallen into that trap – spending money I don’t have on the ‘in’ clothing and makeup to look the part – but I really don’t think that is important any more (plus it’s such a dangerous road to go down!) So now I think I’m just motivated to do me, and if other people like that then that’s a bonus!
And that’s me! I’d like to nominate the following bloggers:
- Tales of a Country Girl in the City
- The Petite Damsel
- This Misty Life
- Still Jill
- Life with Marie
- A Snippet of Life
- Style Irregular
And here are your questions girlies!
- If you could describe your blog in one sentence, what would it be?
- What attracted you to blogging?
- What is your favourite social media platform?
- What is your favourite place to visit and why?
- What product/item would you seriously stockpile if you found out they weren’t going to sell it anymore?
- Which TV, film or book character would you say is most like your personality and why?
- Whose advice do you always listen to?
- What food do you crave most often?
- If you could switch places with someone for a day (can be a real person or fictional character) who would it be and why?
- Which animal do you think you are most like?
- What piece of advice would you give to someone who has just started blogging?
Can’t wait to see your answers! And thanks again Elle 🙂