So when I met with my best friend in London this week he told me something his sister had said. ‘Do you know who I’m really jealous of? Katie. Her life looks so perfect!’
It was so nice to hear that she loved all the little snapshots of my life I share, but that really is not the whole picture AT ALL. So here is the real deal:
1. I stockpile pictures to use on days I don’t have much to share/look dreadful. IRL I don’t do my hair or wear makeup from Monday to Friday – I work from home so spend 99% of my time in PJs with lion hair and don’t bother wearing makeup as I have workout or dance classes every evening so would just sweat it all off!
2. I love a good outfit photo, but my poor boyfriend Sam does not love taking them! They often have to be a one-shot-wonder to avoid any arguments.
3. I’m in a tonne of debt, so often feel pretty guilty after I’ve been out and shared a photo of that pretty cocktail or instagrammable meal.
4. Behind every post are a load of photos that I wasn’t happy with that didn’t make the cut, and when I do have a photo I’m happy with it is then spruced up with the help of editing apps and filters:
5. There is a LOT going on behind those selfies and smiles, and this year has actually been a struggle so far for a lot of different reasons (and we’re only in March 😩).
However I do find that sharing pictures of happy times and lovely things (and of course the daily dose of Colin!) does make me appreciate all that I do have, and that I really am rich in a lot of ways (other than the literal sense!!)